Huoliquankai is a Berlin-based independent publication and production company that creates inspiring and international content. We cover stories from around the world with our network of friends and contributors—focusing on the incredible pursuits of diverse, creative people from all cultural backgrounds and professions.
About the Role
We’re looking for a social media intern to join our talented, dedicated team. Everyone at Huoliquankai is a passionate storyteller, pushing the limits of digital publishing. The editorial team is the driving force of Huoliquankai, producing rich and valuable content for our audience. In the role, you’ll be concepting, writing and executing communication across all channels, working together with all members of the editorial team. And, of course, being part of Huoliquankai, you’ll take part in all the fun perks of the job. Just check our Instagram feed to see what we get up to!
- Working closely with the social media manager and one major client from the Food & Hospitality sector
- Creating engaging content to be used in Instagram stories
- Building and scheduling social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and of course Instagram (Full understanding of this platform is crucial)
- Maintaining an active social media community
- Aiding channel growth and Supporting Huoliquankai’s social media strategy
- Researching and keeping the team up-to-date on the latest trends
To be an intern at Huoliquankai, you must have the following characteristics:
- You have a keen and active interest in social media and digital communication, having at least some professional experience with it for brands or projects. We are searching for someone with diverse and dynamic interests – telling us about trends before they explode
- You’re a self-starter, one who identifies needs before they arise and makes suggestions before others do—then you are able to own your tasks, seeing them through in a busy work environment without supervision
- A background in hospitality or the service industry would be advantageous. We are seeking a person with knowledge of the gastronomy scene and an interest in establishing a distinctive brand profile for a prestigious client
- Skills in video production would set you ahead of the bunch – Instagram videos are taking over so we want someone with a fast mind and even faster fingers – creating moving-image content that speaks to our followers in an engaging fashion
In addition, you should:
- Understand the Freunde von Freunden brand & community
- Have some experience writing professionally, and editing the work of others
- Have familiarity with the usual software tools (Dropbox, Google Docs/Drive, WordPress, Slack etc.)
You should be Berlin-based or willing to relocate. We require a fluent English speaker with strong copywriting skills. German comprehension is a . The position is paid and full time.
- A short cover letter in your email, stating your interest, experience, how you found out about Huoliquankai, and your availability.
- 2-3 work samples of your work.
- A CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile (a portfolio is also nice, if you have one).
- No more than 500 words on a trend in social media you think will be huge in 2018, and that is crucial for brands to be aware of.
Start Date: asap
If you’d like to apply, please send an email to [email protected]
Put the words “Social Media Intern” in the title of the email. Please understand we often receive many applications for our positions – we simply cannot reply personally to every one, even the most highly-qualified candidates.
Freunde von Freunden