Mixtape #29 came into existence through a special collaboration between and their music-savvy accomplice Rob Fissmer, a.k.a.. The music-publishing company goes literally beyond the stereotypical definition of a record label – not only do they produce and distribute music, but also deal with art, which is shown in their impressive curation of products . It is impossible to narrow down all these activities into one true meaning and therefore we have to agree with their humble aboutness.
Thanks to Brian, Ghostly’s retail director, we had the pleasure of meeting Rob in LA, visit him and his wife for an interview, and get an amazing mixtape out of it. Rob has quite the tricks under his Californian sleeve and proves it. Formerly the music director for the famed design store Moss, he has gathered plenty of experience DJ-ing in New York and creating mixes. He enjoys music, design, ice hockey and sometimes gets comments on his randomness .
Besides the fact that Ghostly and Raeo are part of this special unison, the cover’s designer is none other than the , who has worked for high caliber clients and additionally is one of our personal design heros. It couldn’t have turned out better. Enough said, now enjoy the music!
1. From Home (Mux Mool Remix) – Tycho
2. Marriage (Star Slinger Remix) – Gold Panda
3. Fleece on Brain – Matthew Dear
4. Pyragony (Bonus Track) – Com Truise
5. Two Dots (Pezzner Remix) – Lusine
6. Lady Linda (Devonwho Edit) – Mux Mool
7. Do What You Want To Do – Michna
8. Butane Wayne – Ben Benjamin
9. Wash It All Away (King Midas Sound Remix) – Pale Sketcher
10. Ann Arbor Part 1 – Shigeto
11. We’ve Got Commodity – Dabrye
12. Before We Talked – Gold Panda
13. Special FX – Mark E
14. Hoarse – Cepia
15. Kate Simko – Blue Eyed Bitter – Remix – Aeroc
16. 5th Stage – Osborne
17. Melanine – Tycho