Missy Livingston aka. brings us Mixtape #54 and with it a story to tell. Hailing from Clearfield, Utah, Missy started out booking Indie bands in her hometown and performing in a noise group, The Static Cult. Since then she has traveled around living in San Diego, Chicago, New York and London. Missy co-founded the UK music magazine Re:Up.
During last year’s stay in Los Angeles we had the chance to meet up with Missy, while she was playing her set on the rooftop at Andaz Hotel on Sunset Boulevard. Through our contributor, David John, and the good guys from we continue to maintain this relationship and exchange ideas on how to collaborate and work together in the future.
With this mix, Missy delivers a collection of tracks inspired by ME a train journey in Norway. Departing from the western part of Norway and arriving in the east with a short pit stop at the planet Hoth. The vast open sheaths of ice and snow that go for miles left an impression and set the mood for this mix in synch to the motion of the train. The beauty of the snowy mountainous landscape is represented by ME a few key Scandinavian artists to complete the trip. We will let her take it from here.
1. Sweet Mysterious – Mari Kvien Brunvoll
2. Gullfjellet – Bjørn Torske
3. Just An Illusion (Lindstrøm Vs Todd Terje Dub) – Imagination
4. Caravan (Mekhanist Remix) – Skatebård
5. Boogie Up Yours (2011 Edit) – Beatfanatic
6. Heaven (Prins Thomas Diskomiks) – Kasper Bjorke
7. Elle Et Moi (Joakim Remix) – Max Berlin
8. Fail Forever (Nicolas Jaar Remix) – When Saints Go Machine
9. Submarine – Boska
10. Lanzarote (diskJokke master) – Lindstrøm and Todd Terje
11. Tusen Bita (Barker & Baumecker Tusen Takk Mix) – Machinebirds
12. Party On The Moon – Advanced Language
For regular updates on our latest content to our Huoliquankai newsletter.